INTERNATIONAL — April 3, 2026
Trump Claims U.S. Destroyed Iran's Largest Bridge in Karaj
U.S. President Trump claimed American forces destroyed Iran's largest bridge, the B1 in Karaj's Azimiya area, and published photos while warning of more actions unless Iran agrees to terms. Iranian media reported eight killed and 95 injured in the strikes.
The Ehtebar Desk — originates with Hurriyat — corroborated by Khaama Press — 2 min read

U.S. President Donald Trump stated that American forces destroyed Iran's largest bridge in the Azimiya area of Karaj city, publishing photos of the operation.
Trump declared the B1 bridge destroyed and said it will never be used again. He issued a warning that further actions are forthcoming unless Iran reaches an agreement soon.
The statement came amid heightened tensions, with Trump emphasizing the need for Iran to negotiate before it is too late.
Iranian media reported eight people killed and 95 injured in the U.S. warplane attacks on the bridge.
Read the original reporting at Hurriyat →
Reliability assessment
Two outlets (Hurriyat, Khaama Press) corroborate U.S. President Trump's on-record statement claiming U.S. forces destroyed Iran's B1 bridge in Karaj's Azimiya area, including photos and warnings; Iranian media reports casualties, supporting an underlying incident.
The source language reads straight.
Independent web corroboration
A separate web search returned 8 matching reports. A selection:
- Trump warns Tehran ‘more to follow’ after strike destroys Iran’s largest bridge | US-Israel war on Iran | The Guardiantheguardian.com
The B1 Bridge linking Karaj to Tehran, bombed by the US on 2 April. Photograph: X/MAMLEKATE ... Eight people reported killed in attack on newly completed suspension bridge after strike splits structure in half
A few minutes ago, the American-Zionist enemy once again targeted the B1 bridge in Karaj, noting that the first strike killed two civilians.
- Iran War News Iran's Biggest Bridge Collapses After Strikes, Donald Trump Says 'More To Follow'ndtv.com
A few minutes ago, the American-Zionist enemy once again targeted the B1 bridge in Karaj, a city west of Tehran, state TV said, adding that the first strike had caused two civilian casualties.
US and Israeli forces struck the B1 bridge connecting Tehran to western regions, hitting Iran’s highest bridge linking Tehran and Karaj, a major transport artery opened earlier this year.
Across the newsrooms
Filed by 2 outlets
Hurriyat
Originating
Reported straight
Reported straight
Khaama Press
Framed
Framed
Filed under
International — Trump, Iran, Karaj, B1 bridge, US airstrike
Spotted an error or have more on this story? Tip the desk on Telegram → or WhatsApp →.
Reader supported
Keep Ehtebar running
Every published story uses paid tools to translate reporting, compare sources, extract claims, and produce a clearer read on Afghanistan. Reader support helps keep that work independent.
€5
helps cover daily verification runs
€15
supports a week of source comparison
€50
keeps independent analysis moving
More in International

Australia Allocates 43.8 Million AUD to Investigate War Crimes in Afghanistan
— Reliable

Pentagon Reports War Costs with Iran Reach 29 Billion Dollars
— Reliable

EU Invites Islamic Emirate to Brussels for Migrant Repatriation Talks
— Reliable

NATO Secretary General Credits Trump's Re-election for Increased Defense Spending
— Reliable