SECURITY — April 5, 2026
Iran Claims to Have Shot Down US C-130 Support Aircraft in Isfahan
Iran claims to have shot down a US C-130 support aircraft in southern Isfahan using joint forces, with state media publishing alleged wreckage images. The claim comes amid ongoing tensions following a US-Israel attack on Iran, with no official US response reported.
The Ehtebar Desk — originates with Ariana News — 2 min read

Iran has claimed to have shot down a US C-130 support aircraft in the southern region of Isfahan.
Tasnim news agency reported that the aircraft was destroyed by intense fire from a special police forces unit. The Quds Force of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps stated via IRNA that a joint operation involving the Aerospace Force, ground units, popular forces, Basij, security forces, and army carried out the destruction.
Press TV published alleged images of the wreckage on Telegram.
US social media reports claim that US forces may have destroyed their own aircraft while attempting to rescue crew members from a previously shot down F-15.
No official US response to Iran's claim has been issued.
The incident follows heightened regional tensions after a US-Israel attack on Iran on February 28 that killed over 1,340 people, including Ali Khamenei. Iran responded with drone and missile attacks on Israel and US positions in Jordan, Iraq, and Gulf countries, and restricted the Strait of Hormuz.
Read the original reporting at Ariana News →
Reliability assessment
Single source (Ariana News) with direct on-record attribution from named Iranian state-affiliated outlets (Tasnim, IRGC Quds Force via IRNA, Press TV) confirming Iran's claim of shooting down a US C-130 in Isfahan; 'Iran said X' is reliably verifiable regardless of US response or conflicting social media reports.
The source language reads straight.
Independent web corroboration
A separate web search returned 8 matching reports. A selection:
Iran claimed on Sunday that it shot down a US C-130 support aircraft in southern Isfahan.
- Iran claims it shot down US C-130 support aircraft in Isfahan – Middle East Monitormiddleeastmonitor.com
Iran claimed on Sunday that it shot down a US C-130 support aircraft in southern Isfahan, Anadolu reports.
- US C-130 Shot Down or Blown Up? Iran Claims Strike, Report Points to Self-Destruction | Times Nowtimesnownews.com
Iran’s state TV on Sunday quoted a statement from the country’s joint military command that two Black Hawk helicopters and one C-130 military transport aircraft had been shot down in the city of Isfahan.
- US' C-130 aircraft downed in Isfahan: Iran - Oman Observeromanobserver.om
Iranian Media has claimed to have shot down a US plane deployed in the mission to locate the missing US pilot. The Fars news agency said the aircraft was destroyed by a police commando unit called the Faraj Rangers and that it was a C-130 class.
Across the newsrooms
Filed by
Ariana News
Originating
Reported straight
Reported straight
Filed under
Security — Iran, United States, Isfahan, IRGC, Strait of Hormuz
Spotted an error or have more on this story? Tip the desk on Telegram → or WhatsApp →.
Reader supported
Keep Ehtebar running
Every published story uses paid tools to translate reporting, compare sources, extract claims, and produce a clearer read on Afghanistan. Reader support helps keep that work independent.
€5
helps cover daily verification runs
€15
supports a week of source comparison
€50
keeps independent analysis moving
More in Security

Afghan Forces Seize Smuggled Medical Supplies and Seeds in Torkham
— Reliable

Pakistan Defense Minister Warns of Open War Amid Tensions with Taliban
— Reliable

Ministry of Interior Distributes 2,300 Motorcycles to Police Units
— Reliable

Taliban Investigating Alleged Abuse of Shiite Cleric in Kabul
— Reliable